Thanks to @Bootenks and @henrypijames for testing this puzzle and providing feedback! If you get stuck while solving, feel free to post a hidden comment, or find me on Discord and I'm happy to help out. Comments and ratings are much appreciated, and please be sure to check out my other puzzles here. Hope you enjoy!
Fill some cells in the grid with the digits 1–9 such that no digit repeats in a row or column. Cells containing part of an arrow/thermometer must have a digit in them. Digits along an arrow must sum to the digit in the circle and digits on a thermometer must increase from the bulb to the end.
Deconstructed Suguru: All digits must belong to a region (a collection of orthogonally connected cells), and a region of size n contains the digits 1 through n once each. Regions may not touch each other orthogonally, although they may touch each other diagonally.
Snake: All cells without a digit form a snake (an orthogonally connected, 1-cell wide path) with its head and tail in cells that must be determined. The snake may not touch itself orthogonally, although it may touch itself diagonally.
Solve on Cracking the Cryptic (Note: With the CtC version, some thermometers obscure parts of arrows. Refer to the image below to clarify any confusion.)
Lösungscode: Ignoring digit-less cells, enter the digits in Rows 3 and 11 (left to right, no spaces)
am 23. September 2022, 02:21 Uhr von yynb2022
am 5. September 2022, 12:32 Uhr von StephenR
Great fun, and very sticky towards the end.
am 19. August 2022, 05:54 Uhr von Nordy
Extremely beautiful! Looked intimidating at first, but it flows so smoothly. A few tricky but highly rewarding moments as well. If you think this puzzle might be too hard (like I did), just dive in! You may surprise yourself :)
am 23. Mai 2022, 20:39 Uhr von AnnaTh
Another challenging puzzle of the "Suguru deconstruction" series. I start getting addicted.Love them all!
am 30. April 2022, 03:45 Uhr von Krokant
Look at this python. It is truly mesmerizing. Good thing I managed to finished without getting a knot in its tail. The last part was definitely the most difficult. Very nice puzzle. :)
"Trust in me, just in me ..."
am 19. April 2022, 20:25 Uhr von Hausigel_mod
am 29. März 2022, 18:11 Uhr von charlie.murphy
Wow, I found solving the part after finding the snake absolutely brutal. But highly rewarding nonetheless. Great puzzle!
am 29. März 2022, 08:13 Uhr von Elliptical
I got 95% of the snake done in 10 minutes. The other 5% took me 3 or 4 hours...
@Elliptical: Wow, thanks for solving! If you're curious, I just posted a hidden comment above with a link to my intended solve path. -mathpesto
am 29. März 2022, 03:18 Uhr von crispy16
Yet another fantastic puzzle. Initially I was disappointed because the title wasn't "SCD #6...", but then it turned out to be a deconstructed Suguru anyway :-)
am 28. März 2022, 19:33 Uhr von tubahat
down with sudoku!! long live deconstructed suguru!!!
@tubahat: Noooo! Please, they can coexist! :) -mathpesto
am 28. März 2022, 16:55 Uhr von Mody
Normalerweise machen mir Rätselschlangen Angst, aber diese ließ sich wunderschön hinlegen :)
Normally puzzle snakes scare me, but this one laid down beautifully :)
am 28. März 2022, 12:18 Uhr von Tilberg
am 28. März 2022, 00:05 Uhr von Christounet
Slythering snake caught me off guard ! I initially thought this one would be easier than the previous ones in this series, because the construction part was pretty straightforward at the beginning... Then came the "filling" part that was quite challenging for me. A very enjoyable solve nonetheless. Thanks !
am 27. März 2022, 20:07 Uhr von Bankey
Oh, this one was great fun !! Thanks for setting, @ mathpesto :)
am 27. März 2022, 19:48 Uhr von marcmees
Nice level of difficulty till the end. Thanks
am 27. März 2022, 13:26 Uhr von kolot
So much fun as usual. :-)
kolot: Glad you liked it! -mathpesto
am 27. März 2022, 12:35 Uhr von MagnusJosefsson
Very nice just like the rest of this series. Starts quite easy but gets a bit more challenging later on.
MagnusJosefsson: Thank you! -mathpesto
am 27. März 2022, 07:59 Uhr von Bootenks
Beautiful puzzle. This over should be solved dozen times. Thumbs up!
Bootenks: Thanks so much! -mathpesto