Happy new year to everyone!
This is a puzzle that I had created for BenceJoful
as part of the secret Santa event that was hosted by the CTC fan discord server.
Normal Sudoku rules apply. Each letter represents a different digit from 1 to 9.
Rules of Nurikabe (with some variation)
1. You cannot shade/fill in cells containing letters in the top left corner.
2. A letter in the top left corner of a cell provides the digit (represented by that letter) for that cell which indicates the size of the region of contiguous white cells that contains the cell with the clue. Numbers in a region of white cells cannot repeat and they are separated by shaded/filled in cells.
3. Every cell must either be shaded or part of a region containing a size clue.
4. All the Nurikabe size clues have been given.
5. The shaded/filled in cells are linked to be a continuous wall. Shaded/filled in cells cannot be linked to be 2x2 square or larger.
Rules of Palindromic Python
The final grid of the 9*9 puzzle will contain a 1 cell wide, 19 digit, palindromic python, the center of which lies in the purple square. The python may not touch itself orthogonally or diagonally. The python lies completely on the shaded/filled in cells, including the purple cell.
Here is an example on a 6*6 grid containing a 9 digit palindromic python for illustration:
I have used numbers in the solution of the 6*6 grid instead of alphabets since its easier to visualize for most people.
Now for the puzzle. It is also available online via Penpa plus
Good Luck. Have fun.
Gelöst von bigger, harrison, Jesper, polar, Yohann, Player, NikolaZ, SenatorGronk, rubbeng, MagnusJosefsson, Drendo, BenceJoful, tinounou
Zuletzt geändert am 15. Januar 2021, 18:50 Uhr
am 13. Januar 2021, 00:04 Uhr von BenceJoful
Such a wonderful puzzle, and a superb gift! Many thanks, Udukos!
-- Thank you! :)