Saying it has not been a good day for King Kuudos is probably fair, since he is quite dead. A sad result of being stabbed repeatedly by either his oldest son or his slightly younger daughter. The eyewitness isn’t sure about this as the siblings look remarkably similar, which is actually why they are better known with their people as ‘The Twins’.
To find the culprit a deep investigation seems necessary, in which no stone can be left unturned. To you the task to execute this project. I suggest you start by getting to know everything there is to know about ‘The Twins’.
- It is only right that killer sudoku rules apply in this foul affair! Meaning all digits in a coloured box add up to the number in the upper left corner. And digits may not repeat in a box.
- It is equally logical that these puzzles both have an anti-king constraint, meaning cells with the same digit may not touch eachother (not even diagonally).
- In both puzzles the sum of the digits on the long diagonal A1-J9 equals 47.
- As an extra help all other similarities between the kids are given. This means all empty cells in the first puzzle contain different numbers than the same cells in the second puzzle.
- And last but not least: Since the daughter is slightly younger than the son, obviously X Is smaller than Y.
The solution code is the age of the princess (X) followed by the age of the prince (Y) and the 18 digits in row J.
am 6. Juli 2020, 16:50 Uhr von SirWoezel
For those puzzlers interested in catching the killer(s), the sequel to this puzzle can be found here: https://logic-masters.de/Raetselportal/Raetsel/zeigen.php?id=0003SJ
Be warned though, the sequel is definitely harder than this one...
am 3. Juli 2020, 18:20 Uhr von Dandelo
"<" is a reserved character in html, for the beginning of a tag. You might encode it e.g. with <.
Thanks Dandelo. I’ll remember that!
am 28. Juni 2020, 15:36 Uhr von Mody
am 25. Juni 2020, 22:00 Uhr von Greg
Brilliant puzzle! Really enjoyed this, thanks.
am 25. Juni 2020, 20:06 Uhr von stefliew
Beautiful puzzle! Unfortunately, even after getting to know the twins better, this investigator is still unable to discern the culprit.
am 25. Juni 2020, 18:27 Uhr von glum_hippo
Is this a place for the 'Mehrdeutig' tag? @Realshaggy
am 25. Juni 2020, 17:14 Uhr von SirWoezel
Hmm, does anybody know how I can get the Penpa-link to 'work'? I'm not very good with HTML