Sudoku "CTC 2020" (Sandwich, thermo, killer, clone)
(Eingestellt am 7. Juni 2020, 12:56 Uhr von MartinR)
This puzzle is an experiment to see how many constraints that I could put into the same puzzle, and I managed six - diagonals, sandwich, killer, clone, thermometer and (partial) anti-knight
Given the number of combinations included, the solution path is possibly quite wide, but I'd be interested in feedback on how this solves.
- Standard Sudoku rules apply
- Both long diagonals (marked) must contain each of the digits from 1 to 9 once only.
- Numbers outside the grid refer to the sum of the digits sandwiched between the digits 1 and 9 in that row, column OR diagonal. (The 29 and 5 on the top/bottom right are the sandwich figures for the respective diagonals)
- The two "C" shaped regions (shaded green) are clones of each other and must contain the same digits in the same location (no rotation)
- The two dotted areas are cages, and must add up to the small number (20) on the cage. Digits may not repeat in a cage.
- Digits on the thermometer must increase from the bulb end(s) to the flat end. (For the split thermometer, the two bulb ends can increase independently until they merge.
- In boxes 3 and 7 (shaded grey), the digits are subject to an anti-knights constraint and may not be placed a knights move away from an identical digit in another box. This constraint does not apply to pairs of digits not including either of these boxes - for example the same digits in box 1 and box 2 can be a knight's move apart, but matching digits in box 3 and 2 can not be.
Also, if I've managed it correctly, there should be a link to solve this via Penpa
Lösungscode: Row 2 (left to right) followed by row 8 (left to right)
Zuletzt geändert am 11. Juni 2020, 10:43 Uhr
Gelöst von geronimo92, moss, Jat, marcmees, Nothere, Yohann, Richard, Julianl, MumboJumbo, KeyserSoze, sf2l, Blombit, skywalker, Pocalypse, kishy72, zorant, saskia-daniela, Uhu, adam001, Ninja94, Ragna, Mosti_Mo, flaemmchen, bob, logik66, wenchang, NikolaZ, mango, celisa
am 13. Juni 2020, 20:29 Uhr von bob
am 11. Juni 2020, 10:43 Uhr von MartinR
updated subtitle with reference to puzzle constraint inspirations (channel/year of lockdown)
am 9. Juni 2020, 12:32 Uhr von Mosti_Mo
Hat Spaß gemacht, Danke!